Monday, January 19, 2009

The interview game

This game may be harder than I first anticipated. It's not so hard answering questions, it's hard coming up with questions because it's easy to get all heavy and meaningful even if what you want to be is funny.

If you want to be interviewed, comment on this post and I'll get your questions off to you. Rules are below.

I asked Lee of Lake Stitcher to interview me so here are her questions and my answers:

1. When you were growing up, what one meal do you remember as being your favorite?

I remember Sunday dinner as the best meal. These were meals we had early in my childhood, before things got really nuts for my parents. They had 6 kids and I think in time, the Sunday dinner after church just disappeared.

Roast beef, green beans, potatoes and rolls and milk. I don't even remember a dessert! To this day, pot roast remains one of my favorites.

2. Today, what is your IDEAL meal?

Well, the ideal meal is one that I have not prepared of course! I love to go out to eat at a good restaurant, but that doesn't happen too often here in this little town. The meal has to include a good draft beer, maybe pasta or good Mexican food. Once in awhile a steak is great. No dessert please, even though I am sometimes tempted. An ideal meal can also be something simple like a breakfast souffle and coffee from Panera Bread.
3. When you were growing up, what ONE thing did your parents always remind you of, when it came to meal time?

"Think of all the starving children and finish your dinner!"
4. Is there anything you "specialize" in cooking, that people actually ask for?

Hard question...It seems like the few things that I specialize in cooking are not things that people ask for but are things that I want to eat. Vegetarian chili and ratatouille come to mind. I tell you, I am not an enthusiastic cook!
5. Are there any weird "food rules" you have? Feel free to list as many as you like.

Umm...let me see. I don't think these are particularly wierd, but this is what comes to mind.

Lunch meat
has to be fresh. I only buy what we can eat in 5 days.

Meat cannot even be a little pink on the inside. I'm the one asking for well done steak at a restaurant.

No raw food for me please, unless it is veggies. And no mollusks!

The Rules:

1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address if I don't already have it, please.)
2. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I would love to be interviewd. Fun idea :)
Thank you
Natasha

gbsgurl27@aol.com