Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals?

I really didn't want to set stitching goals for myself but I have had to make some kind of plan since I needed to order supplies. I started a list of Christmas ornaments to stitch and have ordered some of the threads I need for those. Most of them will be with DMC, which is no problem since I already have almost every color they make! I'll be using bits and pieces of fabrics that I have for most of them.

Other than ornaments, I'll be working on charts that I have had for quite some time as well as The Prairie Schooler charts I just bought. And, I must not forget the Me, Myself and I RR that I joined. I am going to be so far behind if I don't get my butt in gear and figure out what I want to do! I had been thinking that I would design my own (of my town), but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll never get that done.

As much as I love smalls, I know that I fear the finishing. One of my goals with doing the ornaments is to learn how to finish well, and hopefully I'll be trying out different ways of finishing. I am a sewer from way back, so I don't know what the problem is, maybe it's just a fear of failure (???). I guess I could always send them off for finishing if all else fails.

Does anyone have experience ordering from Wyndham Needleworks?

Happy stitching,

Barb

No comments: