Friday, September 17, 2010

Tornado!

We had a little tornado touch down in our town late Thursday afternoon!  Most of the damage was done at the Ohio State University branch research station (Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center).  This is where my husband works and where I did my graduate work and held several jobs.  This was nothing like the tornado that ripped through Wooster in 2003 which damaged so many homes and business.  Thankfully no one was hurt.  Here are some photos (not taken by me...borrowed from Facebook).



There were probably research projects lost and there will be much rebuilding soon to come.  There was damage also to some area farms and many people were without power but I don't think a single animal was hurt in this storm.

A little excitement on an otherwise humdrum day. 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad to hear that it was just a small one and that you're okay.
I grew up in a tornado area so I know how devastating they can be.

Carol said...

Gosh, Barb, those pictures say it all--what a horrid event to hit your area. I think the hilliness of western PA keeps most tornados at bay, thank goodness. I'll never forget visiting a potential Indiana college for my middle son and the "tornado alarm" went off. I think many of us not used to such things crossed that college off our list right then and there! Glad the destruction was somewhat limited and that you and your family are safe...