Friday, April 10, 2009

a LNS visit

It's a very gray and rainy day here in OH. I don't feel inspired to do much of anything except to stitch but I will get going on some housework and other need to be done things.

I was very happy to visit a needlework shop yesterday. It's been years since I actually set foot in a bricks and mortar store and as soon as I stepped inside, it felt like home. The shop is Blueberry Hill Stitchery in Akron, OH. DD and I had gone out of town to drop off her prom dress to be altered at the place of purchase and this shop was nearby. She was pretty patient with me while I went through all the charts and admired the needlework. They had a lovely exhibit of Primitive Traditions needlework including these items. I was in awe.




Fortunately I didn't have time to buy much (thank you DD!) but I have plenty of stash to suit me right now. I did pick up some nice remnants of linen and 1 little BBD chart and a Quaker Medallion chart by Carriage House Samplings.

I hope I'll be able to visit this nice shop on a regular basis. It was a real treat.

2 comments:

Jean said...

It's really great to visit a LNS- it's inspiring! Sometimes I feel overwelmed by the choices and other times it inspires me to go home and work on what I have! Enjoy your little stash.

doris said...

Barb, I noticed your comment on my blog, so I decided to come and visit you. It's great to find you and see what you're stitching. Like you, work really gets in the way of my fun, including stitching.

I love finding new needlework shops. Seems like there are fewer and fewer around, but when I go into them, I always feel motivated.

Hope you're having a fun Easter.