Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally, a new post

It was kind of a stressful week for me, at least mentally. I really am taking this turn in our country hard, especially since our 401K's and our kid's college funds really took a hit. My husband says no matter what decision you make, it could be the wrong one. I'll be glad when the election is over. Tired of the TV ads and all the negativity. I also am physically tired when I have to be at work at 6 am and never feel right for the rest of the day. Thank goodness I don't work early again until next Saturday. Retail stinks.

But...I have been continuing to stitch, albeit at a slow pace, but motivated at least. I LOVE the Let's Stitch blog. It's been a big help to me. Thank you Becky!

I finished Shepherd's Bush "Bees Buzz Hive" but am waiting for the buttons to arrive. I am attracted to anything related to bees. Have some bee skeps in the garden and a little collection of decorative hives in the house.



I actually think I can get 3 other projects done this week. That is my goal. DH will be out of town visiting his mom in NH, so maybe I won't cook very much (not that I do anyway!).

Here's a photo of DD and her boyfriend before going to his homecoming dance. He attends a different high school so this was her 2nd dance.




2 comments:

BeckySC said...

Your DD is a lovely girl :)

I love your SB finish :) Congratulations :)

((hugs for a better week for you))

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your heartfelt comment on my blog. Your SB "Hive" piece is very cute. I once did "Lamb" and "Sail" but sold them both on ebay at a ridiculous low price, I rarely sell on ebay anymore. I hope your 401k and college fund will be o.k. I think if you (the whole country) holds out and leaves them for a few years or longer they will recover. Your daughter has a pretty smile, what a cutie.