Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A little friendship progress

Thank you all for your kind comments on my embarrassing and a little humiliating experience with the pear.  In hindsight I wish I had been more patient and not so hasty in going to the ER.  I know I will have to pay for some of it out of pocket and I will not like doing that.  If that ever happens again, I will do a headstand or something before I run off to the hospital! 

I finally got going on the BOAF friendship sampler after having doubts about my fabric and threads.  I had started it with DMC and broke down and decided to order the rest of the overdyes that I needed.  There are a lot of color changes in this one so it will take a little longer.  I wish I was a faster stitcher...

The next couple of months will be busy with graduation preparations, gardening and stitching.  DD will be making her college choice shortly.  At present, it is down to the University of Dayton and Miami University, both in southwest Ohio (anyone out there have experience with these schools?)  This is an exciting but nerve wracking time for her.  Lots of school work and many hours working at the ice rink because of all the hockey tournaments going on now.  She is the type of person who thinks she is never doing enough and feels guilty about it.  I need some of her energy!

The sun is shining and I feel good today!  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your new stitching! I could use some of that energy your daughter has as well!

Deb said...

That's a great piece that your starting. The colors are so cheery! And send some of your daughter's energy my way. I sure could use it!

Melissa said...

Don't feel bad about what happened with the pear thing. It could've gotten worse too if they weren't called. When it comes to health and this case possibly your life...well, you know!

Ah, you're off to a good start with the Friendship Sampler. There are lots of colour changes as seems to be the case with BOAF designs. I'm glad you got the overdyed floss. I think they make the difference and you will enjoy the end results.

Happy Stitching, Barb!

Barb said...

Nice start to it. The colors make me think spring!