Thursday, February 11, 2010

Glennis

I feel like I'm stuck in a revolving door. 

My mother in law died in her sleep on Feb. 9th.  There isn't going to be a funeral or any other kind of service right now, just having friends and family over to her house on Saturday.  She spent her last few days in a beautiful hospice facility.  I'm so glad they were able to move her from the nursing home. 

I am trying to get out there to be with my husband and thus the revolving door!

I am really having trouble getting a flight out of town.  I've changed flights 2 times already and now am going to try to catch a flight early tomorrow morning.  It would have been best if I had camped out at the airport today and waited for an available seat.  The airport in Philadelphia, where I need to change planes, is finally up and running again, but flights are delayed and probably over booked.  This storm had really messed things up. 

My knitting needles and yarn are packed, the cross stitch is staying home this time.  It's much easier to knit than to stitch in poor light and poor conditions. 

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope things work out for your flight and you arive without undue delay.

Melissa said...

Oh Barb, I'm sorry to hear both of your loss, then trying to get out there to be with your husband and everything. Good luck! I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Deb said...

Barb, I'm so sorry hear about your loss. You didn't need airline messes to get in the way of being with your DH. The weather is so crazy right now, but I hope that you're able to get a flight out quickly.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

My thoughts are with you.
Be always in stitches.

Carol said...

Thinking of you and your entire family, Barb. I'm so glad your husband was able to be with her in the end...

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I do hope that you make it out there quickly and safely.

mainely stitching said...

Oh as if losing someone dear weren't awful enough ... being unable to get to where you're needed is just too much! I hope you've been able to get the flight you need and that you'll all be of great comfort to one another. My thoughts are with you!

doris said...

I'm very sorry about your mother-in-law. I know it must be some comfort to know she's at peace. Hopefully, your husband's family and your family all have wonderful memories of her.

Travel safely.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Barb. I hope you were able to get a flight out and that everything goes smoothly.

Karoline said...

I'm sorry for your loss Barb.