Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A donation and some mojo



I sold one of these bobble heads at our yard sale the other day for $2 and I found a guy selling them on his website for $64.95! Wish I had kept that little guy.

I did something today I have always been nervous about doing and it was a piece of cake. I gave blood! DD wanted to donate so I tagged along. If she can do it so can I! Her donation didn't go so well though. Her blood must have clotted and little and it stopped flowing, causing some discomfort. Her lips turned a lovely shade of white. Poor baby. They removed the needle, gave her some juice and all was well. I hope this doesn't stop her from donating. I was so proud of her for giving. Her first donation went well, so hopefully this was just a bad stick.

I'll keep giving now as long as they keep accepting my blood. DH started to do apheresis donations (platelets) when his brother had leukemia and was faithful about making donations long after his brother passed away. Unfortunately his blood tested positive for some factor and they wouldn't take his blood any longer. The tests may have been giving false positives, but they take no chances.

I'm getting my stitching mojo back and should have a finish tonight or tomorrow. I have been feeling so dispirited about life in general, but I'm coming out of it. Bad news had been bringing me down. It is always one thing after another as you all know! Where's the bus stop on the road of life where you can just get off and rest for awhile???

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Congrats to your daughter for trying to donate. She might have had issues with lipids in her blood. Tell her if she decides to do it again that she needs to drink lemonade for two days before she does.

Melissa said...

Good to hear you're getting back to stitching and things are getting better bit by bit.

Laura said...

Hang in there!!!!! I hope your stitching brings you joy and peace of mind......

Tammy said...

Sometimes we all just need a break from life, but life goes on and rarely give one! Feel better soon.