Friday, November 21, 2008

Six random things

I have noticed that people are getting tagged in the six random things about me tag game so I decided to play it by myself. I'm not quite a part of the stitcher's blogging community yet because I don't post often and I don't participate in exchanges (as of yet anyway). Basically I am afraid to try the exchanges because I think I will fail. I also need to learn how to finish small projects before I try my hand at exchanges.

So...here are 6 random things about me.

1. I once jumped into a hole in the ice (with just my panties on) in March in Maine and I have the pictures to prove it.

2. I have lived in 8 different states as well as numerous different cities. The longest I have ever lived anywhere is where I am now (since 1982).

3. I try to live a simple life and I don't buy much stuff. It has never made me happy to acquire a lot of things, so I just don't do it.

4. I love to read the New York Times and my mother and I often discuss what we read.

5. I worked at a sod farm for 2 years, mowing 100 acre fields of grass.

6. I went to school for "like forever" and due to my inability to never know exactly what it is I really want to do, I ended up, in my 50's, working for a major retailer that expects great things.

Ok, I am off to take some photos for the Let's Stitch blog to prove that I really do like cross stitch!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

You have definitely had some interesting experiences! Congrats on your Hearts Content finish recently - it's adorable. Although I didn't vote for Obama I have nothing really against him and I am glad he is inspiring so many people in these disturbing times.

Joanie said...

HI! Thanks for posting on my blog! I've added you to my blog list so I can keep up with you!

Stop by again. BTW, love your blog too!